Fun, Excitement and Non-Stop Challenges
MBC has been playing its role as a member of the society by providing entertainment programs
for fun and the public good.
MBC's main reality program Infinite Challenge has established the reputation as a cultural icon
after having recorded highratings for 3 consecutive years. Sunday Night Show recorded the highest viewers
ratings among other Sunday entertainment shows, and is leading a new trend in entertainment.
Born from fresh new ideas, MBC variety shows are unlike any other, and it's creating a sensation in the society.
Born from different ideas, MBC variety shows are unlike any other, and it's creating a sensation in the society.
History of TV Shows : Timeline 1969-2005
- TV Launching Anniversary Special Show; (August 8, 1969)
the beginning of MBC entertainment shows
- Laugh, Be Lucky (1969) the most well-known comedy show in South Korea
Talk comedy by Seo Se-won, Ju Byeong-jin and Lee Kyeong-kyu.
Vocal mimicry by Choi Byeong-seo and vogue words by Kim Bo-hwa' at the heart of "talk comedy".
- Big March of Sunday Night (1981) the birth of satirical comedy
- Laughing Show (1981) the popularity of hamburger and upheaval
- Hurray for Youth (1984) a very popular gag comedy program
- Saturday Night Show (1985) the most well-known variety show
- Sunday Night Show (1988) the new start of Big March of Sunday Night / MBC's representative entertainment program of today.
- Laugh, Be Lucky (1992) Traditional comedy programs are back
- Today is a Good Day (1992) A new comic variety show, 'My Mom' and 'Hurricane Blue'
- Theme Game (1995) Korea's first dramatized comedy program
- Sunday Night Show ‘TV Life Theater’
The appearance of a campaign comedy Here Comes Lee Kyeong-kyu
The 21st Century Committee-Let's Praise
- Guys'n Girls (1996) Korea's first sitcom for young adults
- Comedy Center (1999) With the quality as high as 'Open Comedy'
- Comedy House (2000) - 'No Brain Survival'
- Comedy.com (2001) - 'Finger Flick Go Stones'
- Gag Hunting (2005) - 'Having Fun in the 21st Century'
- Gag Night (2006) - 'Juyeon' 'Madam'
- Three Friends (2000) Korea's first adult sitcom
- New Nonstop (2000) the resurrection of MBC sitcom
- Hello, Francesca (2005) family horror sitcom with many fervent fans
- High Kick (2006) a very popular family romantic comedy sitcom
- High Kick Through the Roof (2009) a sensational sitcom with a viewer rating of over 20%.
- Come to Play (2004) the most popular talk show in Korea
- Golden Fishery (2006) ‘Knee-Drop Guru’ ‘Radio Star’
- World Changing Quiz Show a quiz and talk show.
Popular among women and middle-aged people who are also the groups who enjoys watching TV the most.
- Achievable Saturday (2000) ‘god’s Babysit Diary’ ‘Star Survival Live and Fun Together’ and ‘Kang Ho-dong's Soul Mates’
- ! Exclamation Mark (2001) the most well-known public variety show in South Korea
- MBC Sunday Night Show ‘I Am a Singer’ ‘Where are You Going, Dad?’ ‘Real Men’
- Impossible?! Possible! The Unlimited Challenge! (2005) The program is known as
the most sensational TV show in the history of the Korean entertainment industry.
‘I Am a Singer’ Infinite Challenge (2005)